Yeast--CHEAP!!!

Reading a review of a bread machine cookbook, I discovered I was paying too much in the grocery store for that jar of Fleischmann's yeast--$7.99. I discovered a product called, "SAF Yeast." This is a trade name and generically it's "instant yeast." If you go to Amazon.com and search "SAF Yeast," it should pull up all the vendors. Best one I found was DAB Nutrition, and they're selling Fleischmann's Instant Yeast, 16 oz for ***$2.99***!!!! Of course there's shipping and I think it brings the total up to $8 or $9, but it's still a bargain over that 2-oz jar for $7.99!!!

Sylvia, could you let Meezer and CheapGal and any other bread machine people over "there" know this? You'll have to be creative with the info LOL, but I'll leave that to you!!! BTW, DAB told me they ship FedEx.

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wow - what a find - I am almost of yeast, made the pizza dough from WP yesterday (the dough was excellent with great texture, however I don't think I cooked the actual pizza correct).

By the way both Meezer and CheapGal say hello; Meezer is alittle confused on how to get into the blog so I told her to email you at the email address you have listed on the front page and CheapGal says she is confused with the Google signup stating they would share her information?

Hope you're having a super 4th.

Sylvia said...

reading up on this stuff - what is the difference between "active dry yeast" and this yeast?

judy said...

From what I could gather, there's really no difference and the author of that bread machine book says this works much better in a bread machine. I did some research and this is the stuff that's used in commercial bakeries. I would imagine that being a finer grain, it would be better suited to use in a bread machine. I read all the reviews of that book over at Amazon, and people said they got spectacular results when they used this. The name of the book escapes me at the moment, but I will post it later on...it's in my wish list over there so I don't have to go searching for it.

I'll be looking for Meezer's email, please let her know that, and I really can't answer that question for CheapGal--only to say I've never had any trouble from Google and you really don't have to put any personal info in your profile. About all they want to know is a few things like when you sign up for GMail...I think all they want is your zip code. I've never been bothered with junk mail or anything else. I don't think there's much to worry about.

judy said...

Holiday's been good so far--at least the rain stopped!!! I'm trying to decide whether I want to go up to the town park later for the fireworks (they put on a great show, btw), but I can see that from my window at the side of the house, since I'm the corner (more or less) house on the block and the park is just across the main road from me. Decisions, decisions!!!

judy said...

That book is, "The Bread Lovers Bread Machine Cookbook," by Beth Hensperger (of "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker" fame)